5 Ways to Increase Awareness for your Housewares Brand with Online Marketing
You have an amazing housewares product. It addresses potential customers’ pain points. It’s within your target audience’s price range. It’s new and trendy. It’s perfect! So how do you get your audience to see the value in your product and more importantly retailers to carry your product in their stores? Brand Awareness!
Generating brand awareness is a phrase that gets tossed around so much and seems so simple; however in today’s world of endless product options, not to mention Amazon carrying anything your heart desires, building brand awareness is far from simple, especially in the housewares industry.
Fortunately with the help of a strong online marketing program, building brand awareness can be made a little bit easier. Here’s 5 ways to get you started!
1) Tell Your Story! What makes your housewares product stand out from the rest? What hardship or success from your story will your audience relate to? How can your brand identity directly tie into your audience’s emotions? Develop your story around those key questions and then use that story in all marketing initiatives, such as: content marketing, social media, TV & other offline channels, online advertising, etc. Then, take it to the next level and ask your audience to share their stories too!
2) Search engine optimization (SEO) has changed, but it is not dead by any means. All the brand building in the world won’t do you any good if your website doesn’t show up when visitors search for it. Ensure your website is search friendly from a technical and a user standpoint. This is especially important if you are selling online. Take the time to ensure your shopping process is easy, clear and works on a mobile device!
3) Integrate an online advertising program to work alongside your SEO and other marketing efforts. An online advertising program not only helps take up real estate on the search results pages, but offers endless opportunities to be seen by your target market. From search, shopping, display, remarketing and lots more, online advertising needs to be part of your overall marketing plan.
4) Take advantage of social media. You don’t need to be on every social media website, just the right ones. Do your research to find which social media websites your target audience is active on. Also, take into account your resources. If you are not able to produce or have a generous amount of photos, Instagram may not be the best bet for you at first. Just like your content, your social media program needs to talk to your audience and engage them. An engaging social media presence will also assist in making your content marketing strategy more successful. Also, allocate funds for advertising on social media. An advertising budget is almost a necessity to play on certain social channels. For example, Facebook.
5) Put it all together. The biggest mistake your housewares brand can make is not integrating all parts of your marketing strategy together. It all starts with the story. Use that story, message points, voice, and other components throughout ALL marketing efforts both online and offline. Provide your audience with a consistent and clear voice of exactly who you are and how you can help them solve their problems and feel great about it.
Though the above list looks small, it actually encompasses a large amount of action steps. Plan ahead, set benchmarks and measure performance. Not everything will work and online marketing requires constant upkeep. Have the metrics in place so you can see where your successes are and where you need to devote additional resources or fine-tune further. Most importantly, continue to evolve with your audience.