As summer winds down and temperatures start to dip, it's time to bring the summer of Way Back Wednesday to an end. Through the past 10 weeks we've gone over a number of outdated and ineffective search marketing tactics that can still be seen online today. Too often, we've seen clients who have taken a tumble on the search engines because of unethical SEO firms or undereducated "professionals" more concerned with making money than their client's success.
The moral of the Way Back Wednesday series is this: Search Engine Marketing is not simple or immediate. It takes time and training to get it right. If your company is approached by a search marketing firm offering quick fix solutions, be careful. There is no easy way to get to the top, and though many have tried, search engines just won't stand for it. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. As hard as spammers and black hat SEO firms are working to get around the best practices and ethics of online marketing, search engines are working just as hard, if not harder, to make sure they don't succeed.
Search Engine Marketing is both an art and a science. Search engines and search marketers all over the world are working to make Web trustworthy and ethical. Best practices and search engine guidelines have been set so that brands play by the rules. Relevance and quality reign supreme and there's just no room for outdated or shady techniques.
Why gamble with your search visibility and your brand's reputation? There are plenty of ways to do Search Engine Marketing honestly. Yes, it takes time. Yes, it takes resources. And yes, it's too important to chance. Educate yourself and don't fall for outdated and ineffective search marketing tactics. Demand truly effective Search Engine Marketing for your Website. Ask potential SEO firms the right questions. Apply for a free Search Engine Marketing Analysis from E-Power Marketing® to get started today!
If you have any questions on SEO, Online Advertising, Social Media Marketing or other facet of Search Engine Marketing, contact E-Power. You can also connect with us on Twitter,Facebook or LinkedIn. We'd be more than happy to help you get your brand on track and succeed on search engines the right way!
Miss a post? Read it now!
- Counterfeit Content -Be Ware of Content Scraping and Automated Generation - Way Back Wednesday #11
- Building Links with Automated Directory Submissions - Way Back Wednesday #10
- Doorway Pages: What are they? Do they work? - Way Back Wednesday #9
- IP Cloaking – The Blackest of Black Hat SEO - Way Back Wednesday #8
- SEO Fads that Never Worked - Way Back Wednesday #7
- Link Dumping - Way Back Wednesday #6
- Linking Schemes - Way Back Wednesday #5
- Search Engine Submissions - Way Back Wednesday #4
- Meta Data Keyword Stuffing - Way Back Wednesday #3
- Keyword Density - Way Back Wednesday #2
- Hidden Content - Way Back Wednesday #1
- It's the Summer of Way Back Wednesday at E-Power Marketing!